Cyclical Works during the Current Coronavirus Pandemic
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic WSHA has decided to temporarily postpone some of its Cyclical Maintenance Works, which were planned to be carried out during 2020.
As soon as Governmental guidelines permit and it is safe to commence works in individual occupied, properties the Association will re-start these works.
This decision was taken in line with UK and Scottish Government safety guidelines requiring all non-essential construction work to cease as part of the strategy to tackle the Corona virus outbreak and protect our residents, tenants, staff and contractors.
As soon as the Government has lifted restrictions and the Association is able to consider the re-commencing of the Cyclical Works then the Projects Team will provide updates and advice regarding a revised timetable and program of works.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Noted below is the current position of some of the cyclical maintenance works:
Gas Boiler Installations
City Technical Services Ltd. have carried out emergency boiler replacements during lockdown. However, they continue to delay any non-essential work during the lockdown period and will continue to work closely with the Association on carrying out these works post lockdown.
WSES have had to temporarily, postpone most of their planned works. This decision was taken in line with UK and Scottish Government safety guidelines requiring all non-essential construction work to cease as part of the strategy to tackle the Corona virus outbreak and protect our residents, tenants, staff and contractors.
During this time however, they will continue to deliver the follow services:
• Emergency close cleaning in the event of blood, body fluids and smashed glass.
• Check backcourts and ensure bulk is stacked safely and access to binstores are kept free of blockages.
• 64 Curle Street :Complete cleaning of ground floor, cleaning any body fluid up, and rotate bins and ensure bin chutes are blockage free. Also clean all intercom systems and handles and complete two cleans of both lifts AM and PM each day.
• They will check all landings and remove any bulk items to bulk room to prevent any fire issues.
• 6,7,8,9 Methil St bin chutes and changeover of bins will be completed each day and monitor for blockages.
• Earl St : wheelie bins will be presented each Friday and returned after emptied.
In extreme cases WSES will remove Bulk Items and take these to the local council refuse centre
Cyclical Roof Inspection and Gutter Cleaning Works
These works have continued throughout the period of Lockdown, and there has been no disruption to this service.
Lift Maintenance, Servicing and Insurance Inspection Reports
These works have continued throughout the period of Lockdown and there has been no disruption to this service.
WSHA Offices and Primrose Court Emergency Lighting Checks
These works have been suspended due to Covid-19.
Domestic Property Hoists Servicing
These works have been suspended due to Covid-19. However, emergency repairs will be carried out.