Skip to Main Content

Mutual Exchange

A Mutual Exchange takes place when two tenants agree to exchange properties with each other.  Tenants do not need to have the same landlord but the exchange requires the approval of both landlords involved.  Those wishing to exchange must be tenants of a Registered Social Housing Landlord i.e. a Local Authority, Housing Association, Housing co-operative, or Fully Mutual co-operatives.

Applying for a Mutual Exchange

When you have found another tenant you wish to exchange with, both tenants should complete a Mutual Exchange Application Form and send both forms together to our office.  The Association will then consider the mutual exchange and will provide written consent or refusal on the Mutual Exchange Application.  Further information on Mutual Exchanges and reasons for refusals can be found in our Allocations Policy.


The Association also subscribes to Home Swapper which  is the largest national mutual exchange service for council and housing association tenants wishing to swap homes.  The service operates throughout the UK. You may be overcrowded, need to be closer to family or be nearer to work; you may wish to move within your existing community, another community within Glasgow or indeed another part of the country.

The Home Swapper service can only be accessed online at  If you wish you take advantage of this service registration is free to all WSHA tenants.   For more information, contact our office or email admin at Whiteinch & Scotstoun Housing Association  

 We Are A Living Wage Employer LogoLogo OscrLogo Glasgow Living EmployerLogo Scottish Housing RegulatorLogo scottish housing network   Logo Gwsf.  logo share.  logo social housing safetylogo SFHA