Skip to Main Content

Problems Paying Rent

If you get into difficulties with your rent, contact your Housing Officer as soon as possible.  We may be able to help you to sort out the problem by:

  • changing monthly payments to fit in with your salary cycle e.g. weekly
  • coming to an arrangement which allows you to pay off arrears in instalments
  • giving advice on whether you may qualify for Housing Benefit

All discussions with you are confidential.  If the circumstances of a case have to be discussed at the Housing Management Sub-Committee, the names and addresses of the tenants are not revealed.

If a genuine problem exists, we can usually work out a realistic arrangement for repayment of the arrears taking all your circumstances into account.

However, if we make an arrangement with you it is important that you stick to it.



There may be times when you have difficulty paying your rent; as soon as you start to get into difficulties, contact your Housing Officer on 0141 9592552 or email


The Housing Officer can provide advice and assistance which may include making a realistic arrangement with you to pay your rent or referring you to our Welfare Rights Officer for support and assistance.


If arrears continue to increase we will take legal action and in some cases this may lead to us recovering possession of your home, a poor tenancy reference and other implications. Please do not let this happen to you and speak to us.

Click here for more information.

 We Are A Living Wage Employer LogoLogo OscrLogo Glasgow Living EmployerLogo Scottish Housing RegulatorLogo scottish housing network   Logo Gwsf.  logo share.  logo social housing safetylogo SFHA