Being Safe and Secure
To help ensure the security of your home take the following steps:
- Always lock your door and windows if you are going out
- Do not keep large sums of money in your home
- If anyone calls at your home, ask to see identification before you let him/her in
- Please make sure all close doors are kept lock-fast.
- Please note all our Staff carry identification.
- If you are at all suspicious, telephone the Police by dialling 101.
IN CASE OF FIRE, CONTACT THE FIRE BRIGADE BY DIALLING 999
Some of the more common causes of fire to be aware of are:
- Dropped matches or cigarettes
- Chip pans being left unattended and overheating
- Smoking in bed
- Overloaded electrical sockets and faulty electrical appliances
- Drying or airing clothes near fires
Closing all doors before going to bed can help to prevent rapid spread of fire. Your smoke alarm will help to protect you and your family, so please never take the battery out unless it needs changed. Please test your smoke alarm monthly to ensure it is working properly. Remember an early warning may save your life. Please contact the Association if there has been a recent fire in your property, no matter how small.
During periods of heavy frost, there is always the risk of burst pipes. Following the few simple steps below should help to avoid damage to your home:
- Know where your main stopcock or isolating valve is
- Report any dripping taps or running overflows to us
- Always try to keep your home heated throughout
- If you are leaving your home empty for any length of time over the winter period, please let us know how to gain access to your flat in the event of flooding to or from your flat.
If you have a burst pipe:
- Turn off the water at the stopcock
- Turn on all the taps to drain the water from the pipes
- Switch off your immersion heater or boiler
- Contact the Association on 0141 959 2552
Some of the Association's properties have materials used in their construction, which contain asbestos.
Asbestos is a safe, highly effective fire retardant material as long as it is not disturbed.
For general information please see our asbestos awareness leaflet.
If you live in 64 Curle Street, please see our asbestos awareness leaflet for our Multi Story Facility.
We strongly recommend that you take out house contents insurance to cover your belongings and decoration from damage or loss, as a result of flood, fire or theft. Please note that the Association will not reinstate decoration unless reinstatement of damaged fabric is required. Water staining only to decoration is not the responsibility of the Association.
Helpful Telephone Numbers & Websites
Here are some telephone numbers and websites, which you might find useful:
- Scottish Gas Network (if you think there is a gas leak) - 0800 111 999
- Water mains leakage or bursts - 0845 600 8855
- Roads and lighting faults - 0800 37 36 35
- Vermin Infestation – 0141 287 1059
- If you wish to report a street light out
- If you wish to check if a road is adopted by the City Council to have it repaired
- If you wish to know which roads are subject to gritting in winter